hCG+

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Checkup

Today we go in to see if my blood pressure spike was a fluke. Which clearly I hope it was.

I also had a weird, intense, unfamiliar flavor of abdominal pain yesterday, but only for about 2 seconds. TheLimey was very worried and insists we discuss it with the midwife today. Probably not a bad idea, though I'm feeling kind of tired of talking about potential problems.

At least Little Jump-n-Bump is still jumping and bumping right on schedule (mostly when I lie down or turn over, that is, though sitting down does it, too.) I think it may just be that s/he is big enough now so that I feel most of the wiggulations. A lot of the kicking or poking seems directed straight down towards my cervix, which is somewhat uncomfortable and also squishes my bladder (further). The other popular wigglin' spot has been mostly on my left side, which is irrelevant to my comfort.

I wish I could see what position the baby is in! It seems to have not shifted position much since the ultrasound: just grown and become more squished.

I can't believe I'm about 150 pounds now. Where the heck is it all? I feel like I'm the same size as always, except for this protrusion on my belly. It's a weird feeling for someone who used to struggle to get above 113 pounds.

A fun thing I did over the weekend: washing all the newborn clothing and blankets (in a low dosage of non-perfume, non-dye detergent, of course) and putting them away in the bedroom. I also researched the cloth diapers I want to use (Fuzzi Bunz), which are expensive in initial outlay but seem widely acclaimed by parent users.

For now the clothes are mixed in with our big-people stuff in the closet and in my dresser, but I have created vague designs for a small but tall baby wardrobe that would fit in a little-used nook of the room. I could get the pieces cut at Home Depot and screw it all together myself, paint it, insert a couple clothes rods. We'll see...

I also want to make a computer-designed room mockup to try out moving the bedroom furniture around to accommodate a changing table and rocking chair. Cramped, but I bet I could make it work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home