hCG+

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Interpretation

Not that the images are that obscure this time, but depending which cross section we were looking at, we could see a lot more details than what you see below. Nevertheless they are good overviews.

The baby is about 5" from crown to rump, and as you can see in the bottom left image, its eyes are 2.06cm apart. Which is all as it should be. The technician said she normally didn't give out the pictures that showed the front view of the face, as it looks kind of weird, but apparently she thought we could handle it. Maybe because I was cooing over the cute little brainstem.

We also got to see fingers and toes and all their little bones, which seemed to be in the right configurations. However, I didn't specifically count them. I guess there could still be polydactyly, although I think the technician would have caught that. She seemed pretty swift. She also asked me what my medical field was, which made me feel smug.

For the past few weeks I have been experiencing extra-itchy mammary gland protrusions (euphemism out of deference to those with delicate sensibilities; you know who you are.)

Actually, it started right away with the other symptoms, but during the past few weeks has been going absolutely nuts. Every little microscopic wrinkle has turned out to actually be a tiny crevice that has its own daily flake of skin to molt, and each flake of skin has its own individual attendant maddening itch. I've taken to calling them "Itchy and Scratchy". I've also begun a bit of pre-lactation, which is much like the monthly occurrence back in the day when I was on Ortho-Novum. (Before they discontinued it--yikes!)

I can tell when I'm having a hormone surge now. I may feel really great and energetic for the first bit--including the er, dreams, the second trimester is apparently famous for. Then I'll suddenly feel crashingly exhausted and possibly a bit nauseous. When this has gone on for a couple days, it seems like I notice there has been a growth spurt of my belly a few days later. Or, should I say, The Belly, as we've begun calling it, as it now seems to have a life of its own. I guess you could say it does.

No nosebleeds since Monday's two-hour monster, thank goodness. (Another hormone surge sign.)

Oh yeah; it's been about three weeks since I could sleep on my front. One week I could, the next week I tried it and--nope. Which is too bad, as that's usually my trump card for insomnia. Luckily, the insomnia dropped off to a great extent at about the same time.

However, yesterday I discovered a work-around for the sleeping position: if I place all the loose sofa pillows on its sitting surface, leaving a gap for The Belly, I can comfortably lie on my front (and even sleep).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home