hCG+

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Slouching to Catch Up

My mood has been up and down lately, which may be hormonal. But I think it's also largely a function of this new life wherein I am at home all day, every day.

Yesterday I had that distinct "yaaah-the-walls-are-closing-in!" feeling.

I do have some activities planned, like going in to campus once a week (whether or not there's a reason), attending the weekly birthing classes of course, and finding a La Leche League meeting that I can attend once a month.

I could make other plans to do this or that random activity, I guess, though it would all pretty much involve driving somewhere out of town. Unfortunately, a lot of that kind of activity feels pretty contrived. What I'm missing is the structure of a daily task. I've been working (outside the home) since I was a teenager, so this is really hard.

As much as I wanted time off from the insanity of grad school, this is maybe the opposite extreme. I really have to get myself straightened out about this before the baby gets out. Not because I want a schedule to fit the baby into (ha!), but because I really feel I should be clear and solid in my own mind before then.

Now as far as all this eating goes--man, it's hard. I can't keep up with all the dang food we're supposed to be eating. I especially find it hard to get in all the vegetables, and then the other vegetables. Based on what I can tell from the nutritional analysis, it's really supposed to be a diet that would include all necessary nutrients without taking any supplements, whereas I do actually take a prenatal vitamin, so I don't think I'm actually going deficient. Yes, of course I know that ideally all our nutrients would come from a whole food source rather than a vitamin, but better that than not.

In fact, I'm feeling a bit rebellious about having someone tell me exactly what to eat, dammit, when I've made such a study of nutrition on my own. Hmph.

Have not needed a midday nap the past few days, so that's been nice. I even slept through the night last night, except for a brief disturbance or two by noisy trains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home