hCG+

Monday, March 06, 2006

Bluh

Have been barfy and hungover-feeling again today, and slept for hours, though it had mostly subsided to a dull roar until lately. Maybe I did too much over the weekend.

Oddly, leaving the house seem to make me feel sick the following day. Even just being out for a few hours is pretty tiring. (All we did was to visit the tax preparer!)

Even talking on the phone wears me out, especially with people I have to be cheerful or personable for. (This tells me that it takes a lot of energy to be "on"!)

Today I have only had an apple and a small bowl of cereal, otherwise nothing to eat or drink. Bluck. I may try for some cottage cheese and Wheat Thins later (one of my staples.)

Other staples I've settled into: bouillon broth with brown rice and egg beaten in while it's on the boil, cottage cheese and canned fruit, mini-pretzel sticks and V-8 (especially when I wake up in the middle of the night. It makes me feel I've eaten something.) And of course yogurt, especially the little drinkable bottles.

I now have a wispy, curly, 2-inch fringe of hair around my forehead: the hair that fell out when I went off the pill has decided to grow back. And my nails continue to grow at an accelerated pace. Even the toenails, which is particularly annoying.

One odd thing is that as soon as I got pregnant, my abdominal muscles started feeling sore, like I had been doing sit-ups (I assure you, I hadn't.) I have to be careful when I cough or sneeze to be leaning over with my hands on my knees for support. Once I just sat up in bed too fast and got terrible muscle cramps for my trouble. Weird.

2 Comments:

  • And how long does this go on? Supposedly?

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 8:11 PM  

  • First trimester, maybe 6 to 12 weeks-ish.

    This is my 12th week.

    I recently read some material that stated "you should be getting over your morning sickness now, unless you're really unlucky.")

    By Blogger liz, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home