hCG+

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy 30th!

Conception day-iversary, that is.

I had a couple days last week where I was actually feeling a bit anxious because I didn't feel pregnant. I think I had mainly gotten used to the novelty, and my daily life felt kind of back to normal, which scared me.

However, my aunt reminded me of her aunt who not only didn't feel pregnant, but never even knew she was pregnant until one day when she had "gas" that turned out to be the birth of a baby. (This meta-aunt was apparently rather corpulent.) I think this must be the opposite of those "hysterical pregnancies" one hears about. She also said that she was so convinced that her own first pregnancy would end in disappointment that even two days before the birth, she actively refused to get baby clothes and accessories.

The point being, one doesn't always have that Special Sense all the time.

It does seem that I awaken a little bit queasy these days. But only a very small bit. Since I often awaken already shaking with hunger, and hunger often makes me queasy anyway, perhaps that's the link.

At any rate, I commented this morning in bed that I felt just a wee bit nauseated, at which TheLimey gave his usual apology (for anything happening in the world at all, really.) I said, "Oh, it's not your fault, hon. [pause] ---Oh, wait a minute, it is your fault!"

I'm going to be able to get so much mileage out of this.

4 Comments:

  • "even two days before the birth, she actively refused to get baby clothes and accessories."

    So that's genetic, huh?

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 6:02 PM  

  • Wha---who else did that? Carol?

    I, for one, have been collecting clothes for several years now.

    By Blogger liz, at 9:20 AM  

  • No, I mean _I_ refuse to anticipate exciting events so that I won't be disappointed if something goes awry.

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 11:10 PM  

  • Oh, of course.

    I wonder if that will dissipate over time as The Unpleasantness recedes?

    By Blogger liz, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home