hCG+

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Baby, baby, baby ... pirate?!?!?

I will lazily begin with even more excerpted recent correspondence with my sister about this event...


> Do you feel preg-nint yet?

I still don't, really, as far as I can tell, but here are potential symptoms:

1) I did notice even before I took that test that there was less of my hair in the drain. Especially for what I thought was going to be my server's downtime. [Note: "The server is down" is, of course, a euphemism for menstruation.]

2) I have the shakes today, yet don't feel anxious or anything. Just feel physically shaky. Seemingly related: around my lips, that"pre-hive-y" feeling. I think overall there may be some increased sympathetic nervous system activity going on.

3) Have seemed hungrier, but I still can't tell if this is just because I am paying way more attention to food. It hasn't reached a definitive level. It's just that any food anyone mentions sounds really good, and I find that specific foods pop into my head unbidden a lot.

Turns out I now have to avoid any soft cheeses, like the Stilton I have come to love (unless I can find one that's made from pasteurized milk)! I am going to try to find non-alcoholic wine, because I really like wine now. (Especially with Stilton....d'oh!)

...Oh yeah--also definitely peeing a lot more. However, this could also be because I'm making sure to get a lot of fluids now.

Oh my gosh! Here's the Extreme Peeing Event in this list, too.

And, and, I was thinking that something felt different or kind of bloaty in the cervical area (trying to discern from gassiness related to [TheLimey]'s delicious chili-bean soup, darnit).

I would say that their phrase "congestion of blood in pelvis" about describes what it feels like. I swear I'm not developing these perceptions as I read them about, but thinking "Oh! Of course! That would explain that!)"

But, ha [knocking wood], no nausea.

.....

...Today's symptoms (like weather): weird feel/taste in mouth, kind of dry or...I don't know. Nothing to compare to. Also eyes dry. (Suggesting, again, sympathetic nervous system activation.) Just read a week-by-week description that cited "metallic taste in mouth" as common sx experienced in week 4! (Counting by the dumb, nonscientific [pre-conception] method, of course.) Possibly not imagination.

Must begin new, secret blog. Can become public in second trimester, I guess. (I'll call it "TMI"!)

.....

> This is all still freaking me out! It seems like it oughta all be your imagination, somehow ... but thar's a baby in thar!

I know...if I was barfing a lot, it would probably seem more real. But the only way to get a false positive on one of those tests is to have been taking certain fertility drugs that actually have HcG in them. And if that doesn't entirely convince me in the middle of the night--oh yeah, there's also the fact that the server never went down! (Propagating new application??)

Little Critter should be developing its own very tiny heartbeat (and blood type) right about now.

> When are you _supposed_ to start barfing?

Oh, pretty much right away. When the microscopic nub implants and starts affecting your hormones.

4 Comments:

  • Oh no! You've given away my secret code! As if no one would ever _guess_ what it meant in a casual public conversation...

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 5:22 PM  

  • Wait--what? The pirate thing? But it's from The Simpsons!

    Oho! The Server.

    Well, if any of your friends read this, I think that'll be on your head anyway.

    By Blogger liz, at 5:33 PM  

  • Not any worse than everyone knowing I use a diaphragm, I guess.

    Did you hear me???? I said, I USE A DIAPHRAGM!!

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 1:46 AM  

  • >gasp< Not a diaphragm!!

    You mean, you...you...._do it_?!!

    By Blogger liz, at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home