hCG+

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Plan (and we do have one) Is As Follows...

So, we have come up with a plan for managing my internship and our Little Critter coinciding most inconveniently (September somethingth and September 21, respectively). (Awww, equinox birthday!)

Given that the parenting style I'm most compatible with is Attachment Parenting, working 50 hours or more with a brand-new infant in day care is not gonna freakin' work for me, a-tall. On the other hand, internships are quite hard to get, and the pool is getting more crowded every year.

So in a surprise maneuver, TheLimey suggested that he make the sacrifice of quitting his job (he didn't term it sacrifice, of course) to take care of the baby, after I am done with my three months' maternity leave (as is most likely with most places.) The main caveat is that I must only apply to places that offer health care coverage. (So far they all offer about the same stipend.)

I must say I was surprised yet gratified that he would be willing to live in the style to which I am accustomed (i.e. student level) in order to prioritize a) child care as I want it and b) getting my degree done.

After that we'll both be "free agents" in the job market, as it were, and I will be the one to stay home with the next one (optimistically speaking, of course).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home