hCG+

Friday, January 27, 2006

Food Issues

I also should mention that food has become much more of a focus for my attention. I'm often thinking about it. Also, food tastes a lot more delicious than it used to. Like when you're really hungry--only it's all the time. (Although I guess I am hungry all the time.)

Even items like a plain ol' Wendy's baked potato. Man, that was a good potato, even though it was stone cold by the time I got it back to the hotel. I did have a sweets-craving day yesterday, as it turns out. I even had some Sprite and liked it, which is odd because I normally don't like pop. (Too sweet and gooey.) And also sugar wafers, which I try to avoid because of the huge wads of hydrogenated vegetable oils slathered between the wafers.

The funny thing about the significance of lime pickle: it's not what I thought it was. Apparently, according to my friend, one wouldn't feel comfortable discussing pregnancy overtly (it's related to sex!), even to one's husband and family. Therefore, the traditional way to let your husband (or family) know you're expecting is to ask him (or them) to get you some lime pickle (or some other sour food), as pregnant women are believed to crave sour foods. (This corresponds with the survey I mentioned earlier which listed citrus as one of the most-craved foods of Western women, too.)

So as for this iron business, I am trying to find other sources besides blackstrap. As much as I like it normally, eating a big spoonful every day is not helping this borderline-queasiness. And as it turns out, a baked potato (skin on) has a ton of iron in it. Also recommended is fortified cereals (like Total).

Note to self: find out what kind of potatoes Wendy's uses and buy those to bake at home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home