hCG+

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Not Much

Am gradually feeling better; first week with no actual barfing. I'm starting to get the thing where people can't resist looking at my belly when they're talking to me to see if it's really what they thought they saw.

I picked up some maternity clothes at the local second-hand store. They do leave less of an imprint on my waist area. However, I need more trousers, as I now have one pregger pair that more or less fits, and a few pairs of loose stretchy pants I can kind of pull down in front. I also found a calf-length dress of the type I believe is known as a pinafore. At least it's just plain black, because I'm not the everyday dress type. It really makes me look like I have a giant belly already.

There is still a lot of dull-colored teensy floral crap out there for pregnant women. I do hear that at the maternity stores in the malls, they have business-type clothes and so forth, but I'm afraid that they would be really expensive. Heck, I resent buying normal clothes at the mall for that reason, let alone specialty clothes.

However, I also just heard from a friend that Target has some nice normal maternity stuff, so maybe I'll go there. I just feel really bad spending any money at all right now, as we are battening down in preparation for TheLimey to quit his job next year to care for the critter, and have us still be able to pay on all our various bills and so forth.

2 Comments:

  • Well, what are ya s'posta do, wear potato sacks? I hereby absolve you of any clothes-buying guilt.

    By Blogger argotnaut, at 9:15 PM  

  • I was thinking tents, with armholes cut out.

    Probably that looming gazillion-dollar student loan contributes to my guilt.

    By Blogger liz, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home