hCG+

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just Waitin'

We had our prenatal visit yesterday; they're now weekly, as I'm full-term. The results of the platelet retest turned out great (147), as did my Strep B test (negative). No antibiotic IV! No antibiotic-resistant superstrep in my baby over the next year! This time I forgot to bring the hand-mirror that I've started using when I have to give a urine sample, as there is no way to see anything that is going on down there without it, but it all worked out okay anyway.

My blood pressure was up again a bit (120/78), though not as high as that one time. This particular midwife seems unworried about eclampsia, as indeed I have normal (not superhuman) swelling despite my complaints, no weight gain (lost three pounds since last week, in fact), and my protein and sugar urine tests are negative.

So, the baby is officially ripe now, and it could be any time in the next three weeks. After taking into account the outdated 40-weeks (ten lunar months) method of counting (from early 1800s, arbitrarily established as a nice round number), and taking into account that I actually know my conception date (as opposed to guessing from last menstruation), the average primigravida pregnancy length would put the birth at the 28th. Well, we'll see. I've had a lot of contractions this past few weeks. (I mean, longer and stronger ones now than the ones that have been going since the fifth month.)

TheLimey apparently feels way more impatient about the event than I do. I think that's because I already get to play with the baby now, whereas he mostly has to take my word for it and would like a chance to squeeze it for himself. At any rate, next month he'll have his baby to squeeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home