hCG+

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Watermelon Season


I finally got a nursing bra that actually fits. Who ever imagined I'd wear a 38c in anything? Not me, that's who. I avoided the underwires, as they can contribute to getting mastitis. I tend to have a lot of tissue that extends under my arms, which I think makes that effect even more...bad. Worser. Y'know.

My bellybutton has now not only disappeared, but has grown a tiny little pointy area there, like at the non-stem end of an apricot, only smaller. So I guess this means The Belly is still growing.

Having alternate fits of lots of energy and sudden nap attacks, which may be anywhere from half an hour to three hours.

I think I will after all miss some parts of pregnancy as so many have described. Is it just because everyone's nice to me? Being pregnant seems to have many of the social aspects of being terribly ill, as people try to be helpful and protective and solicitous. However, it lacks the withdrawal and social discomfort of others that accompany a terrible illness. I guess most of those who are bitter about childbearing just keep silent. Except for maybe that one terribly offended lady in the grocery store.

I think I will also miss the feeling of having the baby so safe and enclosed and taken care of. I like waking up in the morning and being able to feel the little head swiveling sleepily near my left hip and the little hands fussing about my right hip. It makes me feel like everything is okay with everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home