hCG+

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Huh. Interesting. 8 Weeks or So. Maybe 9. Depending.

I had been feeling somewhat icky last week, culminating in feeling quite awful Monday such that I was soddenly depressed, nauseated, and exhausted (slept three hours).  I kept having a sneaking suspicion that this was not so much to do with pregnancy, but that I was simply depressed because I have little structure to my days, have completed my main goals for the past 15 years with no new ones, and have no friends in this town yet.  Depression is so hard to figure out sometimes, because it's often so physically expressed.
 
However, the following day (yesterday), I awoke feeling much better.  After dropping off Limelet, I tidied up the living room and did a few other things, errands and so forth, that I simply couldn't do the day before.  By afternoon, what I noticed was that my belly was noticeably larger.  Like, overnight.  It wasn't just me thinking that, either.  TheLimey came home and was somewhat shocked by my transition from looking a bit stout about the waist to looking overtly pregnant.  "Wow!  You really are pregnant."  Uh, yeah.  (The thought of twins briefly crossed both our minds.)
 
I totally forgot that last time, during growth spurts (whether the baby itself or the support systems)--who knows, I would feel really horrible for a day, a few days, a week--and then there'd be this jump in size.  This was probably the biggest jump I've seen, probably because it went from smallish to begin with.  (Once I'm already big, the jump would have to be huge to be as noticeable.)  It makes me feel a lot better to recognize that the mood stuff is largely hormonal, and is accomplishing something.  Next time I hope I can recognize it and give myself permission to take the day "off" as it were, so I don't add so much guilt to the pile of crappy feeling.
 
I don't have the constant peeing like last time, although I do awake in the middle of the night needing to go.  But last time the peeing started before I even knew I was pregnant.  I'm a little more thirsty, but not as much as last time.  Yet.  The blood volume increase should probably start soon.  Oh, and then I'll probably be tired all the time for a while, because it takes a while for your iron to catch up with your new blood volume.
 
I've told TheLimey that I believe this one is a boy, too.  I started having that feeling around the same time with Limelet.  I don't know if I'll try to not find out this time.  I was really intent on not finding out last time, but don't care as much this time.  However, I still kind of want to not tell others, for some reason.  Maybe to avoid getting football-versus-princess-themed comments or gifts.  (Not that I need any gifts.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home